Nathaniel E. Heffelbower of 952 Islington was the contractor responsible for the construction of many Old West End homes. Later he moved to 2716 Scottwood Avenue which he built in 1909. Many of the following homes were erected on lots within Collingwood Addition, a development of the Collingwood Land & Improvement Company around 1906. His partner was Edward Hooker, a carpenter, who lived at 2815 Lawrence in 1910.
B & W photos in this article are courtesy of the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, obtained from http://images2.toledolibrary.org/. Thanks to Douglas Forsyth and Andrew Sager for sharing their research data.